When you start to think about the consolidation of your assets you need to know how it can happen when buying an apartment if the ideal is to rent an apartment or live in an apartment.
If you have enough capital to buy a house, the possibilities of what you can do with it once you have the keys in your hands open up. Living in your own apartment has its advantages and renting apartments as an investment, too.
Factors such as your income, debt capacity, your financial commitments and your debts are important when considering any option, but they are not the only variables to consider with your property.
Before buying a house or buying an apartment
Identify the following eight points and consider the best option to choose:
- Identify where you are in your life and if it is convenient for you to acquire a financial responsibility such as that of a property.
- Take into account your current debts and the estimated time to pay them, including the transition times to stop paying rent and start living in your own home.
- Review your plans for the future so that you can establish if you are going to stay in the city where you currently live or if you consider the possibility of travelling to study or live elsewhere.
- Keep in mind the needs of your family and those who depend on you.
- Study or seek advice on the dynamics of the market in which you are going to enter, everything depends on it! , although one of the advantages of buying a home is its versatility: one day you rent it, another day you live in it and, when the time is right, you sell it: Your house, your rules!
- Look for a recent market study on the type of property that interests you so that you can identify how it has performed.
- Define which are your areas of interest in the city and investigate their appreciation and the development plans that your city has in them.
- Identify what kind of property you want: new, used or with the possibility of reform either to live or to rent.
In this parallel we show you both perspectives, with the good and not so good things when buying to rent an apartment and live in an apartment; So that you have them very present, you put them on the scale and you can analyze them with a magnifying glass and, with a cool head, you can define for what purpose you want to buy a house.
Buy to live in an apartment
- You must be very clear about what you want and be as specific as possible so that you can find it.
- Put aside the whims and rationalize what you really need to live in an apartment and be comfortable.
- Patience is an important factor as it may take you longer to find an ideal property that fully meets your tastes.
- Make sure that the home meets your current requirements and those of the next few years. Are you planning to have children soon, adopt a new pet or start from home?
Currently, there is a great supply and demand for properties in Mexico City and the metropolitan area, Oaxaca, Chiapas and Puebla. Among the main attractions of buying a home in Mexico are:
- You will have a high-value heritage, which will guarantee stability and tranquillity in the future.
- You will obtain the capital gain of the property. Mexico City is very desirable to live in, that is why it is an excellent investment option. Every year properties tend to increase their commercial value, so the day you decide to sell them you will surely earn a high capital gain.
- It offers you and your family greater stability since you will not have to worry about where to live.
- Instead of paying rent, you will be investing monthly in your own home. Renting is filling the owner’s pockets, while buying is investing in your assets.
- You can decide between living in the property and renting it to receive extra money. Buying a property does not tie you to live in it, if you wish you can acquire it as an investment, so you will receive extra monthly money.
- You have the freedom to decorate the house to your liking. There is nothing more annoying than having to restrain yourself from painting the walls, hanging pictures or giving free rein to your imagination because then you will have to leave the property as it was. If you buy an apartment or house you can decorate it and adapt it completely to your liking.
- If you recently married or want to go live with your partner, you can add the income of both to invest in the property, so it will be much easier to pay the credit debt.
Buy to invest: rent apartment or rent
- You can choose a home with less specific criteria than your personal taste when renting an apartment.
- Keep in mind that, although the ideal is that the property is always occupied, there may be seasons when it remains empty.
- You must have the time and willingness to handle tenant requests.
- Think if you want to take care of the process yourself, if you consider doing it through a third party, such as a real estate agency.
- You must be willing for the property to have wear and tear and misuse by the tenants.
Keep in mind that you do not have to know immediately what you want to do, it is possible that in the search process you will be leaning more for one thing or the other. Buying a house will always be an investment in your future, whatever its purpose. Knowing your circumstances and setting your own pace is one of the keys to making you feel comfortable with your decision, whether it is buying to rent an apartment or living in an apartment.
According to data revealed by Commodore (a leading company in internet marketing research), more than 5 million Mexicans search for real estate online, 60% of them are looking for rental homes.
Among the main advantages of renting are:
- It is an excellent option for people who constantly change residence or work.
- If in the future you want to move from the city or the country, your best option is to rent, so you can get rid of everything you leave behind and you will not have to worry about putting the property up for sale or continuing to pay your mortgage loan.
- You can move as many times as you want, either because you are attracted to another neighbourhood or because you want to turn your life around.
If you currently have debt and extra expenses that do not allow you to pay a monthly mortgage payment, renting is the best decision you can make